Your Best Value in Florida Real Estate!
Sale Commission Structure
Home Selling Process
Getting started is easy, to set up your free consultation with William True. Upon engaging the services of True Real Estate, the first step is to analyze the condition of your home and decide what needs to be done prior to listing on the MLS. This may include removing clutter, cleaning and making repairs or refreshing the landscaping. This step prepares your home for the market and gives the photographer something to work with as well!
Some prudent home sellers have an inspection done by a professional home inspector and address any concerns a potential buyer may have in advance.
Secondly, we prepare a comparative market analysis or CMA to determine the current value of your property. While most folks want to get top dollar for their home, remember this caveat: A home that is listed too high will often languish on the market, prompting concerns by wary would-be buyers.
For this reason, we encourage home sellers to consider having an appraisal done by a licensed professional to help determine market value, in addition to the CMA prepared by True Real Estate.
Upon listing your home, True Real Estate will:
- Compile and assemble formal file on property.
- Review results of home assessment with seller(s), suggest improvements for salability and suggest any changes to shorten time on the market.
- Measure overall and heated square footage, interior room sizes, obtain house plans, if available; confirm lot size via owner’s copy of certified survey, if available.
- Provide Seller Property Disclosures, and other relevant disclosures (Mold, Defective Drywall, Condo or Home Owner Association, Lead Based Paint, others if applicable), to be completed by seller.
- Provide FAQ form, to ascertain information about cost of all utilities, security system, insurances, neighborhood info).
- Review current appraisal, if available.
- Identify Home Owner Association manager, if applicable; verify HOA fees with manager–mandatory or optional and current annual fees; order copy of HOA bylaws, if applicable.
- Verify if seller has transferable termite treatment or other transferable warranties.
- Review tax roll information, subdivision information, land use coding and deed restrictions. Review the legal description, confirm current public schools (which may impact market value), and research any other relevant information.
- Prepare detailed list of property amenities and assess market impact.
- Prepare detailed list of property’s inclusions & conveyances with sale.
- Complete list of completed repairs and maintenance items.
- Perform an assessment of the neighborhood.
- If rental property: make copies of all leases for retention in listing file. Inform tenants of listing; discuss how showings will be handled.
- Prepare instructions for buyers’ agents and agree on showing times and procedures with seller.
Marketing your home
- Photograph your home with professional equipment.
- Create a dedicated webpage for your home on our sites.
- Write a well thought out property description describing the home features and benefits for potential buyers and their agents.
- Prepare MLS Profile Sheet for “quality control” and accuracy of listing data.
- Enter the listing into the Florida MLS system(s), including Mid Florida Regional MFRMLS, Palm Beaches RAPB and Miami MIAMIRE. Plus it will be syndicated to over 100+ websites, including Realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia.
- Provide seller(s) with signed copies of listing agreement and MLS Profile Data Form.
- True Real Estate provides a yard sign. (click for image) If your community requires a specialty sign, it is the seller's responsibility to bear the cost of manufacturing a new sign.
- Install yard sign with text messaging rider, which relays instant information about your home to prospective buyers smart phones.
- Install a lockbox and set up 24/7 Call Center to arrange showing appointments.
- Coordinate showings with owners, tenants and other agents. Return all calls–weekends included.
- Hold an open house.
- Provide additional internet advertising on sites like SeeSarasotaLive.com.
- Highlight home as a “featured listing” on True Real Estate websites.
- Provide seller weekly reporting showing internet statistics and activity on the home. Gather and discuss feedback from showing agents with seller to determine if any changes will help accelerate the sale.
- Review comparable MLS listings regularly to ensure property remains competitive in price, terms, conditions and availability.
- Provide marketing data to buyers from international relocation networks, referral networks, and syndication sites.
- Place calls to seller to discuss marketing and pricing, review weekly Market Study.
- Promptly enter price changes in MLS listings database.
The Offer and the Contract
- Present and review all Offer to Purchase contracts submitted by buyers or buyers’ agents to seller.
- Contact buyers’ agents to review buyer’s qualifications and discuss offer.
- Deliver Seller’s Disclosure to buyer’s agent or buyer upon request and prior to offer if possible.
- Confirm buyer is pre-qualified by calling loan officer, or obtaining pre-qualification letter or proof of funds.
- Prepare and convey any counteroffers, acceptance or amendments to buyer’s agent.
- Once Offer-to-Purchase contract is accepted and signed by all parties, forward contract and all addendums to closing attorney or title company, buyers agent and lender, if applicable.
- Change MLS and other syndicated status to “Sale Pending.”
- Coordinate with lender and buyer agent on buyer’s loan status in with dates.
- Coordinate inspections: Home Inspection, Termite, Well & Septic inspection, any other applicable inspections.
- With buyer's consent, obtain copy of buyer’s home inspector’s report.
- Ensure all parties’ compliance with home inspection clause requirements.
- Confirm verifications of escrow deposit.
- Contact lender, if any, as necessary to ensure processing is on track. Relay final approval of buyer’s loan application to seller.
Closing Preparations and Duties
- Coordinate closing process with buyer’s agent and lender. Coordinate closing of seller’s next purchase, as needed, resolving any timing issues.
- Select location for closing, confirm closing date and time and notify all parties.
- Work with title company to help resolve any title problems (boundary disputes, easements, etc.) or in obtaining necessary certificates.
- Work with buyer’s agent in scheduling and conducting buyer’s final walkthrough prior to closing.
- Request final closing figures from closing agent(attorney or title company). Receive and carefully review closing figures and documents to ensure accuracy.
- Change MLS status to SOLD. Enter sale date, price, selling broker and agent’s ID numbers, etc., and close out listing to properly record sale.
Sell Your Home For Freewilliam@truesarasota.com
Call or Text 941-918-1956